[OM] Proper way to mount and dismount lenses?

Subject: [OM] Proper way to mount and dismount lenses?
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 21:52:12 -0500
Here comes another curiosity question - what is the proper way to grip a lens when mounting or dismounting from an OM body? One needs to apply a little torque to seat or unseat the lens - should you hold on to the focus ring, turning it to one stop or the other? Or try to grasp the mount body (the part the DOF preview and unlatch buttons mount to)? On my other bayonet mount slr there is adequate grip area on the non-rotating or body portion of the lens for this not to be a problem, but the very compact Zuiko lenses don't provide much solid grip surface..... I don't like pushing against the focusing helicoid stops, but that's what seems to 'fall easily to hand'. Advice will be much appreciated, as always.

Curt