[OM] While some people discuss photography

Subject: [OM] While some people discuss photography
From: Ken N <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 07:13:02 -0700 (PDT)
While some may be content with just discussing our beloved
Zuikos, others of us have actually been getting out and shooting
with them.

Last night I had a portrait session that turned out far better
than I planned.  The lady wanted pictures of her car (really
nice Chevy Camaro) and her with it.  We went to one of my
favorite portrait haunts--a grave yard.  This grave yard has a
terrific pond with lots of neat trees around it.  The road goes
around the pond providing may different photo opportunities.  We
were there during the golden hour which just made the bronze
coloured car just glow magnificiently.

I shot primarily with the 100/2.8 and 200/4 from as far as 150
feet away (full frame 200mm).  Every once in a while you get a
composition (and subject as neither the car nor the owner were
bad looking), that just works.  The telephoto shots had the most
incredible bokah and smoothness to them that just was not
possible with the IS-3's zoom lens.  (I had the 2-4 screen in
the OM-4 so it wasn't focus screen differences).  I used flash
to provide additional fill lighting AND to throw the background
down a stop or two. (yes I used a big Bogen tripod)

All in all, I had a good photo session last night and am looking
forward to the results.  I will post (on my new
soon-to-be-revealed website) the pictures at some point, as they
will definitely be portfolio quality.  I do between 20 and 50
portraits a year, but this one just was special for some reason.
 Probably was the car.  But probably because I've finally come
to terms with my OM-4, 50/3.5 and the lovely 200/4.

I just wanted to share.

Ken N.