Re: [OM] Olympus 35 SP anyone own one?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus 35 SP anyone own one?
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:12:29 EDT
In a message dated 7/30/01 9:04:04 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
miadolphins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I have a 35SP that I use alot.  While yes it is a bit big and yes the spot
metering isn't too hot ( I use my OM-4t to spot meter) it does take wonderful
photos.  I use it on Auto mode mostly.  The 42mm lens is very sharp with good
contrast.

One of it's positive attributes for me is the relative quiet of the shutter.
I can take photos of people or in areas where people would hear a SLR shutter
and they don't notice the SP shutter at all.

Like many Zuikoholics I have different setups for different situations.  I
don't use the SP for flash although it does a fine job with the FLASHMATIC
system.  I do use it for a low profile camera to go about looking like a
tourist and not like a "pro".  (Try going into a museum with an OM-4t and a
zoom on a monopod)

Finally, it doesn't matter a bit if you want to debate 35RC, RD, etc.  If you
like an SP and will use it, it will give you beautiful images.  You will get
results to be proud of.

Dave Dougherty