Re: [OM] Why is the 50mm the brightest lens?

Subject: Re: [OM] Why is the 50mm the brightest lens?
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 08:59:37 -0700
Not sure what you mean by "least" amount of glass. Other things being equal the faster the lens is the more glass it will have in order to allow more light to get in. There's no reason the 40mm f2 could not be an f1.2, though with cost in terms of its size and weight--if that lens were an f1.2 it would come to us looking an awful lot like the 50/2.

Tris