Re: [OM] John Lind's TOPE Pic

Subject: Re: [OM] John Lind's TOPE Pic
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 01:09:28 +0800
The 3-D effect I was talking about is how the lens handle the tonal
reproduction, it is not the same as a super wide gives you. I think it is
related to the resolution, sharpness and contrast of a lens, it need to be
optimized, not a sharpness lens with very high contrast can produce.
Suitable lighting will also produce better 3-D look on an object, but with a
good lens you will see it more easily. See the below picture which taken
with a 90/2 you may know, it may not be a very good example but at least you
will see something.

It is a 16.5mmx8.8mm crop, Fuji RVP scanned at 1350dpi resolution.

http://www.glink.net.hk/~photogrp/Temple.jpg

C.H.Ling