Re: [OM] 50mm 2.0 macro lens

Subject: Re: [OM] 50mm 2.0 macro lens
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:03:37 -0700
I don't have a quantitative evaluation, but the Zuiko 50/2 was tested by one of the big US magazines a few years back and the comments were something to the effect that it was the sharpest 50mm lens they had ever tested, besting even the vaunted Leica 50/2 Dual-Range Summicron.

I've never seen any structured comparisons between the 50/2 and the 50/3.5, but the old 3.5 seems to get a lot of accolades. Personnaly, I really like my 50/2, and I use it as my normal lens most of the time. It's actually my most recent bought-it-new lens; acquired in 1986 at Wolf Camera in Atlanta. (that shows how long it's been since I bought anything except used Zuikos!)

Skip

Music to Olympus Corp. ears.
--
Winsor Crosby