[OM] Newbie with a question

Subject: [OM] Newbie with a question
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:46:41 -0700 (PDT)
Hello, I am Mark Lloyd,

I would like to say hi and introduce myself. I have
been looking at this list for awhile now but never
really had much to say. I am a, "New User" so to speak
of Olympus equipment since im only in college and only
knew about Olympus OM system from my parents, who have
a pretty extensive system. In the past two years I
have taken to collecting lenses (which get well used)
and other various stuff for the OM system. This leads
into my question. I recently purchased an Olympus
focusing rail off Ebay for $50 bucks, unfortunatley I
have no idea what it is or what it does. Basically it
is a footlong metal rod with several grooves and two
pieces of aluminum which have lots of small slanted
grooves on them. I think this might be for the bellows
and if it is I'm going to feel real foolish since I
dont have a single bellows lens or a bellows