Re: [OM] Newbie with a question

Subject: Re: [OM] Newbie with a question
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:58:54 -0400
Cc: royer007@xxxxxxxxx
Mark,

Good to have you on the list. No questions are foolish here. We all start somewhere.

Look here for more info on the Focusing Rail & Stage:
http://www.taiga.ca/~esif/om-sif/macrophotogroup/focusing_rail_&_stage.htm

Basically, the rail is pretty worthless without something on top to hold your equipment. (I'm assuming that someone didn't sell you the rail without the lower piece to mount it on a tripod and lock it down. If they did, shame on them!) Olympus made a Bellows and a Focusing Stage to fit on top of the Focusing Rail. I frequently use the focusing stage & rail for macro photos. It's much easier to move a little knob for precise focus at high magnifications rather than upset the whole tripod. for an inch or two.

Skip

****** I M P O R T A N T   R E P L Y   I N F O ************
Please adddress ALL offlist messages to skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx

This email address is ONLY used for this mailing list subscription and posting purposes. I read the list via Hotmail.com or the web-based archives to keep the traffing down on my email account.

I will probably not notice any private messages addressed to this HOtmail.com email address.