RE: [OM] lens grab... [ ha ha, ... ] Tamron 90mm

Subject: RE: [OM] lens grab... [ ha ha, ... ] Tamron 90mm
From: DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 19:28:36 EDT
About the Tamron 90mm SP macro:

 >>I think you mean a Tamron 90/2.5 or 2.8 don't you?  Please tell me that
 >>there is not a faster version of this Tamron... ;-).

 >2.8, do you want one :-)?

Weren't there at least 2 versions of this lens?

I have a 90/2.5 Tamron which gives 1:2 image size (1/2 life size) on the
negative, and has an extension tube with it (some came with this tube, some
didn't I think) for 1:1 life size reproduction. I think they ffered a package
containing these two items quite cheaply a few years ago, because they were
bringing out a 2nd version.

The I think there was the other later version of the 90mm, maybe an f/2.8,
which focused from infinity right down to 1:1 life size, without an extension
tube?

Dave Bellamy.
http://members.aol.com/synthchap/