[OM] battery question, calling the experts!!!

Subject: [OM] battery question, calling the experts!!!
From: johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 19:41:05 -0500
Since this has not come up in the past couple days, I thought I would start
a thread :-)
I'm replacing the NiMH batts in my Control Packs with NiCd batts.
Scott Gomez's battery replacement guide says that the original batts in
these Control Packs are 1/3A, but no one seems to make them anymore and
everybody uses the 1/3AA.
Well, I have the link to a place that seems to sell the 1/3A size
(http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi-7.htm and search for N-250AE).
The dimensions match my rough measurements I made of an old pack and was
getting ready to order some ($2.00 each + $0.20/tab --Yikes!), but I noticed
the capacity is 250mAh whereas the capacity of the similar 1/3AA generally
does not go higher than 110mAh.  This sounds like a good thing to me, but
can someone confirm that it is better to get these instead of the 1/3AA
batts? T. Hughes?

TIA,
--p.j.