Re: [OM] Zuiko Shift 24 mm question

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko Shift 24 mm question
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 08:13:40 -0700
C.H. Ling writes:

<< I never use any filter on my Zuikos, including the E-10 (the most
expensive lens/camera I have) but the 24 shift is really something to
worry about. In order to use it rather than lock it in safe place, you
better find a user condition one (of course it is more difficult to
find). >>

One real problem in being among this group of Zuikoholics is that you
develop too much of an appreciation for a piece of equipment. Then you
end up getting a form of vertigo when actually using it in a situation
that presents a real or imagined chance of damage. It is immensly
freeing to finally nick something that was mint.  The sense of anxiety
lifts and you can start using it with full abandon.

Of course, if one avoids buying truely Mint equipment they might be able
to skip that phase.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV