Re: [OM] Oh NO!

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh NO!
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 12:22:25 -0400
I have a outdated roll of film that I now use for running through cameras to test them.

It is especially helpful when you're evaluating an OM-System camera, as the camera likes to have film in it to do the OTF metering. Metering off the pressure plate will often give erratic readings when running through an OTF-automatic metering cycle of the whole shutter speed range.

I also use it for classic camera evaluation to make sure that the loading and take-up mechanisms are OK.

Who to blame?  Why you, of course!  8-o

Skip

****** I M P O R T A N T   R E P L Y   I N F O ************
Please adddress ALL offlist messages to skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx

This email address is ONLY used for this mailing list subscription and posting purposes. I read the list via Hotmail.com or the web-based archives to keep the traffing down on my email account.

I will probably not notice any private messages addressed to this HOtmail.com email address.

From: Sam Shiell <Sam.Shiell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

.... obviously got a bit of fluff on the shutter rail.... Rats rats rats.
Halfway through the next roll so do I now just use up the roll on rubbish,
or open the back an expose what's been taken.

Even worse, the young girl on the processors now thinks I'm a P and S'er and patronisingly asked me to "bring the camera in and they'd clean the lens for
me"

There's obviously a lesson to be learnt here... now who the hell can I blame
this on?