Re: [OM] stuck filter on 49-72 step up ring

Subject: Re: [OM] stuck filter on 49-72 step up ring
From: "Tom A. Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 20:20:55 -0400
> on 7/22/01 8:53 PM, NSURIT@xxxxxxx at NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > I know we beat the stuck filter question to death a few months ago,
> > however I think my stuck filter problem may be a bit unique.  What
> > is stuck on the step up ring is a B+W slim circular polarizer.  What
> > I need to grip is the back part of the filter and I'm having a heck
> > of a time trying to get it to move. Any ideas that won't destroy
> > either the ring or the filter?  Bill Barber

Hmm, how about two boards with inner tube stuck to them, sandwich the
problem on a table, & turn?

You can get "filter wrenches" which can hold well, tho don't provide
much leverage.

The problem is keeping the thin metal parts circular, applying even
pressure around the ring somehow, and not deforming the delicate
threads.

Tom

------- http://members.home.net/tomatrottier
TomATrottier@xxxxxxxx           ICQ:57647974
+1 613 291-1168          fax:+1 613 594-5412
415-400 Slater St. Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7S7
   ,__ô   Much Madness is divinest Sense
 _-\_<,   To a discerning Eye
(*)/'(*)  Much Sense--the starkest Madness.
          --Emily Dickinson, poet (1830-1886)