Re: [OM] Jim Brokow... Where are you?

Subject: Re: [OM] Jim Brokow... Where are you?
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 20:48:44 -0700
on 8/1/01 2:33 PM, Skip Williams at skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Jim,
>
> I read that you bought a 24 shift in pretty poor condition off the 'Bay.  I
> must have missed that auction and thread.  Could you refresh my memory?  Is
> the auction still up?
>
> Offlist if you need to is OK.
>
> Skip

Skip -- I've got the lens, its in OK shape except for the front element. The
scratch is pretty noticable, I haven't shot any pictures with it but I can't
imagine the images will not be affected... the good news is that through the
excellent services of list member Kazuya Matsumoto I found that Olympus in
Japan still has parts and can repair this lens.

The front element shows some deposits at the rim, which look like
fractals... I suppose this is fungus. I can't see any deeper in the lens,
and the front element needs replacement anyway. I hope that the inner
elements are in good shape, but I'll ask Olympus to inspect and repair as
necessary.

The mechanicals of the lens are in pretty good shape, not perfect but only
light 'brassing' or wear of the black on the aperture ring, and a few edges
on the mount that are worn. I'll be contacting Olympus Japan soon to arrange
sending it in for repair.
--

Jim Brokaw