[OM] (OT) Scales Bashing

Subject: [OM] (OT) Scales Bashing
From: "Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 08:36:33 -0500
Oben/Larry,

Thank you!  This has been one of the more amusing threads I've seen on this
list in 4-5 years.  Seriously.  Immense fun.  The logical and
innuendo-ridden gyrations you've gone through to appear as good/neutral
through this interchange have been truly creative.  I'm amazed.

I think it's been adequately shown by the posts from others that regardless
of what you might think, Tom is a valued and important member of this
community.

Simply put, the majority rules here.  The majority appears to want Tom to
continue his active participation on the list.  The majority also appears to
want you guys to shut up/get a life/get a personality/go away, preferably
without the last inflammatory word.  Though if it will take a final nasty
post from you guys to get you to leave, I for one am in favor. <g>

Oben!  You've joined the list, acquired & bragged about the equipment you
have, commanded us to stop the OT stuff on the list, commanded us to address
you in a certain way in posts, made subtle & not so subtle references to
Tom's character, practices & intent, started your own OM OT-free list while
continuing to pollute THIS list with the OT stuff you claim to hate.  Huh?

Larry!  I neither know nor care what your motivations are re your posts to
Tom or the list in general.  I'm under the impression that most of your
posts are about money and that you very seldom pass up an opportunity to
throw rocks at Tom. Regardless of what your feelings or motivations actually
are, you come across to both me and others as nasty and jealous.

Simple suggestion: If you agree with or at least accept the practices of
this community of OMers, stay & contribute *positively* to it.  If you
can't, leave.  Please!

Dave