Re: [OM] Replacing the 18mm/F3.5 front lens?

Subject: Re: [OM] Replacing the 18mm/F3.5 front lens?
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 15:49:06 -0400
>From my parts list, it looks like that front ring must be unscrewed.  It may
have 2 notches spaced 180 degrees apart.  If not, you'd have to use the
"Custom 18mm lens dis-assembler" which would be like a fine ring of rubber
which would  contact only that ring as you press and turn.  That ring is all
that holds the front element in, according to my parts list.  Good luck.

Do not unwrap new element until you are about to put it in.  Blow off  the
back with dry air before dropping it into place.  Likewise leave the surface
of L2 exposed to the air for as short a time period as possible to limit
dust contamination.

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000