RE: [OM] Oh NO!

Subject: RE: [OM] Oh NO!
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:08:26 -0600
> Do neither!  Instead, make a note of the exposure number, then rewind the
> film but stop when it STARTS to get easy to wind and there is a quiet
sound
> of the film coming loose from the take up reel and slapping the back of
the
> camera.  After you clean the camera, replace the film, use the fastest
> shutter setting, smallest aperture and keep the lens cap on while winding
> and "exposing" the film back to where it was before you took it out.  Add
> one exposure for safety so you don't get a double exposure by accident.

 I've wanted to do this sort of thing myself a few times (mainly when I want
to change to a different speed of film) but what I don't understand is how
you ensure that the positioning of frames doesn't change?

 I understand the way to take the film out and put it back in again -- but
say I've used 10 frames the first time, how do I make sure that the spacing
between frame 10 and 11 is the same as that between 9 and 10? If it's not
the same, won't this mess up the printing and end up with frames 11+ being
printed as half of frame 11 and half of frame 12?

 -- dan