[OM] A little bragging: 24mm Zuiko Shift

Subject: [OM] A little bragging: 24mm Zuiko Shift
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 18:03:20 -0700 (PDT)
I got the 24mm Zuiko shift yesterday from B&H, its
absolutely gorgeous. I immediatley shot 72 pictures of
every even remotely interesting building I could find
and have come to some conclusions. One is that 1-3
story buildings require no shift since the angle is so
wide, but with tall buildings (such as a watertower)
the shift really puts a different angle on things, its
kind of bizarre looking at the flat face of a building
tall enough to make even the naked eye perspective
look like the building meets at a point. This lens is
incredibly amazing, a work of art in metal and glass.
This lens also has taught me the difference between
'new' and 'like new', it sparkles (of course with all
the use its going to get I dont expect that to last
:). My one and only gripe is that there seems to be no
way to put any sort of protective filter over the
front element thus forcing me to lug around the cap (I
usually slap on a clear filter and leave the cap in
the car). Note to buyers of used shift lenses, if it
doesnt have a cap...forget about it unless they are
selling it for REAL cheap. If you have the money this
lens is a must have.