RE: [OM] Oh NO! rewinding / reloading in register.

Subject: RE: [OM] Oh NO! rewinding / reloading in register.
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 11:58:06 -0400
I haven't tried this with slide film which might have to be realigned for the remaining frames. I also write the frame number on the emulsion side of the film itself. It is good to wind one or two frames past the last shot if you are worried about double exposing the last and next frames.

As Dave said, it is good to come up with a method of loading the film that works for you and then always staying with the same method. It is possible when reloading, to see where the film leader was creased from the tight reverse wind that is put on it in the camera. Insert the leader back to that point.

Gregg

Dave B  wrote:
I have done this several times, and have always forgotten which film it was,
and have never yet had a film come back with frames printed in the wrong
place. I am very disorganised. I usually forget which frame I need to go to
when reloading the film - I usually write it in felt tip on the film canister
just in case.