RE: [OM] Why an OM-3?

Subject: RE: [OM] Why an OM-3?
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 11:02:37 -0500
A cool gray OM3Ti is a mighty temptation, but although I could probably
scrounge the funds for  one, reason dictates against it. I have a very nice
OM-1n which fills the need for a mechanical camera.

If while shooting with it I feel the need for more sophisticated metering, I
drag along a Minolta Spotmeter F. The two together (both used) cost me less
than 1/4 what a new 3Ti would cost.

The OM3Ti would not improve on this except in portability. If you do lots of
cold weather shooting, and want to travel very light, it would be hard to
beat the 3Ti. But that is a fairly specialized set of circumstances.

Another argument against the OM3Ti is that if you use it with  OM4 series
cameras, it is   similar enough to  the automatic cameras that it is easy to
forget which one is in hand and lose a shot. The OM1 is different enough
that such a mistake is less likely.

Sorry we aren't much help in rationalizing the OM3Ti! Now, as far as filling
emotional needs, the OM3Ti might be just  the ticket - reason is of little
use there. 'Zuikophilia' may be reason enough....

Chip