Re: [OM] While we were fighting...[originally mailed Thurs. AM]

Subject: Re: [OM] While we were fighting...[originally mailed Thurs. AM]
From: "Mark Hammons" <astaire@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 16:01:27 -0500
> >[snip]
> >http://www.shinozuka-family.com/f1/
>
> Whilst I was [ahem] otherwise occupied latterly, I too must have missed
> this reference. I just visited the site, and found myself bowled over by
> the beauty of these shots. Aside from the comeliness of the children,
> there is a fine sense of balance, as if we are peering at the scene just
> as the photographer was taking the photograph. The vignetting is so
> similar to what many do in the darkroom when making prints that here, it
> merely gives a "finished" appearance to the picture.
>
> I agree that the site encourages viewers to try out fast lenses at their
> widest  apertures. In fact, the much-vaunted "3d" character of Leica
> lenses -- a trait  I think shared by several Zuiko lenses -- might
> prompt some fearless souls  to make comparisons between their wide-open
> Leica lenses and their wide-open  Zuiko lenses. Would the similarities
> hold?

And you know there IS a F1.2 50mm Leica lens and that is the Original
Noctilux.  Made from the late 1960s to 1975 or so it is extremely rare
and is a highly-sought after collectors prize bringing upwards of $5000.00.

I know that many ( including myself ) in the Oly group also have Leica
cameras.   Does anyone happen to have or have access to one of these
most rare lenses???  If so it would make a fine subject to compare to
the Zuiko 50mm F1.2.

Mark Hammons