Re: [OM] Various camera and lens problems

Subject: Re: [OM] Various camera and lens problems
From: Roger Wesson <rwesson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 22:50:50 +0100 (BST)
Well, I had a fiddle about with the lens, pulled it around a bit and to my
surprise it unscrewed into two parts.  Fiddled some more and one of the
pieces also unscrewed.  Now I can't seem to put it back together and I
have cut both my index fingers trying.  Irritating!  It only cost me 15
quid so it could be worse.  I think I'll be needing a new 135mm...

Thanks for the advice anyway,

Roger

Chris Charlton wrote:

  > And the other problem is that my cheapo independent
  > 135mm lens (there's a
  > lesson in there somewhere...) has fallen apart - the
  > focussing ring no
  > longer makes anything move.  Does that sound like a
  > terminal problem or
  > might it be quite easy to make some kind of repair?

  In my limited experience in fixing lenses, usually its
  a screw come loose or one (or more) of the little
  plastic bushes that make the mechanism move smoothly
  collapsed or has crackes, they seem to get brittle
  with age.
  If its a really cheap lens, try fixing it yourself,
  its probably not worth paying to have it repaired,
  start out under the rubber on the focussing ring, if
  you peel it off you can see if somethings come adrift.

  Chris