Re: [OM] Fish-Eye on the cheap

Subject: Re: [OM] Fish-Eye on the cheap
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 20:14:14 +0000
At 00:22 8/5/01, you wrote:
Anyone had experence with this Russian fish? Wonder if there is
any way to mount on an OM.

http://www.geocities.com/belshop/

GeoW

This is the Peleng 180 circular fisheye. It comes in an M42 and a Pentax universal screw mount. I believe the method for fitting on an OM body is using the M42 with M42-to-OM adapter. Some have had infinity focus issues with this mounting scheme and its image cone is chopped off ever so slightly top and bottom on nearly every camera system. I've looked into getting one of these but it's well down the priority list.

See the remarks here:
  http://www.peleng-club.co.uk/_disc9/00000024.htm

-- John