Re: [OM] 85/2 from Cretaceous. Faulty? Bokeh? Comments?

Subject: Re: [OM] 85/2 from Cretaceous. Faulty? Bokeh? Comments?
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 03:47:01 +1000
We had a discussion on this one before. I have a 'user' 85/2 that focussed
just past infinity on the scale when I bought it - I slightly loosened the
three screws under the focussing rubber grip, realigned the infinity mark
to the stop, checked focus and retightened. I think with age and brute
force, the focussing ring simply slips off the mark a little. Make sure
you've got infinity indicated correctly by targetting a truly distant
object in the split image.
AndrewF