[OM] Flash concentrators

Subject: [OM] Flash concentrators
From: Walt Wayman <HIWAYMAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 15:49:21 -0400
>Has anyone used one of those flash extenders to give
>fill flash at speeds greater than 1/60 with the F280
>mounted on an OM4T? I think George Lepp makes one and
>there is another one out there also. My application is
>nature photography using the 300/4.5 and Tamron 400/4.

>Thanks.

>Warren

I don't have any experience using these things with the F280 and OM-4T, but
years ago, when Lepp sold a much greater variety of equipment, in addition
to the shoulder pod I often use for both macro and telephoto hand-held
stuff, I got one of these Project-A-Flash doohickeys that fit the T45.  It
works fairly well.  It's good for about two stops' worth of extra light
compared to the bare flash.  I can't think of a reason it wouldn't work for
fill on the F280.  In fact, though I hadn't thought about it before, now
that you've given me the idea, I may even get one myself.  The old one for
the T45 is way too big to fit the F280.

Walt