Re: [OM] request for price of Illuminator LSD and other info

Subject: Re: [OM] request for price of Illuminator LSD and other info
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 22:18:58 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> How important is an Olympus brand power source?  Is it pretty easy to find
> one that will make-do in the absence of the TE-2 or TGHM?
> Also can someone describe the TE-2 and TGHM?  The e-SIF doesn't have much to
> say about the TE-2 and I couldn't find out anything about the TGHM.  I know
> know about the TGHM because John H. has it listed.

The LSD and LSD-2 illuminators work off of a 6V AC power supply.  Any power
supply will do, but the Olympus ones are cheap and easy to find.  The TE-II
and TF are basically the same unit except the TE-II has an added voltage meter
and a ring around the dial which allows you to preset the end point.  I find
that to be a big help since the colour temperature of the bulb is dependant
on the voltage.  The TGHM is a completely different looking unit, it's larger
and has an LED style voltage meter.  Make sure you stay away from the TGH
power supply, it has a 12V output and a special round connector on the back
instead of the bannana plugs.  Typical price for any of these power supplies
is in the $50-75US.  Get a TE-II if you can find it, I think it's the best
of the bunch.
                                -mark