Re: [OM] "Precious" Equipment

Subject: Re: [OM] "Precious" Equipment
From: Ken N <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 22:24:37 -0700 (PDT)
> Any pros care to inform us how they manage to battle
> scar their OM's etc????

Easy.  We don't keep our cameras in the bag.

Seriously, when working fast, we tend to not use lens caps nor
are we particularily concerned with some knocking around. That's
why we purchased professional grade equipment--because it is
capable of taking moderate abuse without ill effects

It's kinda like covering your furniture with slip covers. Who
are you saving it for?  I bought my equipment to use.

Furthermore, I'd say that anytime you've run 50,000 pictures
through a set of camera equipment it will show use. Finger wear
alone will brass the aperature ring.  My equipment has double
that total and in reality it doesn't look too scary.

Of course, Silver-Noses SC lenses wear better.

Ken N.