Re: [OM] Noctilux versus Zuiko [was: [OM] While we werefighting...[orig

Subject: Re: [OM] Noctilux versus Zuiko [was: [OM] While we werefighting...[originally mailed Thurs. AM]]
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 15:51:36 +0800
I also agree MTF is a very useful tools and the charts are much more
useful then the overall rating. bUT I have one question, does any one
know how Photodo check the MTF of center and edge? what important is
will they refocus on the edge before they take the reading? If a lens
has high field curvature then the edge MTF will be very poor (because
you focus only at the center) but the real picture on the field may
not be that bad.

The Leica M 50/1.4, 35/1.4 and 75/1.4 were tested to be having very
high field curvature by Popular photography, the SQF were very low at
F1.4 and F2.

C.H.Ling

<snip>