Re: [OM] [OT] Two questions about the English language

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Two questions about the English language
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 10:25:56 EDT
Olaf,

You're fine using "diaphragm" in any photography context as in the US it is
commonly used to indicate the movable "opening". We also use it commonly in
lieu of "IUD"....(because it bridges the opening to the cervix). No snickers
wil ensue from using this word in photography, however.

In the case of the last two, I suspect the first is more common here and the
later in Britain, as we generally mean MD to mean a disease called Muscular
Dystropy.We use RSI constantly in speaking of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and
Tendonitis. (I can attest to this as I've had two surguries for Carpel
Tunnel.)

Susan Steele
Virginia USA