Re: [OM] Flash concentrators

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash concentrators
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 13:03:36 EDT
In a message dated 8/6/01 5:40:58 AM Central Daylight Time, GPaul64@xxxxxxx
writes:

Has anyone used one of those flash extenders to give
> fill flash at speeds greater than 1/60 with the F280
> mounted on an OM4T? I think George Lepp makes one and
> there is another one out there also. My application is
> nature photography using the 300/4.5 and Tamron 400/4.

I've used the FX-1 from Kirk several years with both a Tamron 400 F4.0 and a
Zuiko 350. I modified the brackets to fit the F 280 by trimming part of the
bottom lip off so the brackets fit flush with the flash. A small amount of
the lip that extends under the front of the flash was left on each bracket to
provide stability. With the Velcro I added, the FX-1 stays in place fairly
well. It really helps to have a flash bracket to mount the flash off  camera
if you shoot alot of verticals. I use the Kirk flash bracket that fits their
Arca Swiss plates.  The FX-1 definitely extends the fill flash distance one
can get with the F 280. I use the FX-1 for fill when the shooting distances
exceed 10 or 15 feet. One of these  days I'll join the world and scan some
images I've gotten with this combination.

Gary Faulkenberry