Re: [OM] Noctilux versus Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] Noctilux versus Zuiko
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 09:38:52 +0800
Based on some previous talks about your testing method, it seems that
sharpness are highly weighted (I could be wrong it is just my guess).
Comparing your test result with photodo for Zuiko 28/2, Photodo gives
very poor edge performance for 28/2 at F8 (40lp/mm) and your result
shown A+/A- on two testes. While the 10lp/mm performance is fine
(especially the sagital curve), Which indicated a good sharpness at
edges. Focusing error mainly affect resolution which could be skipped
when your projecting image was not large enough. For my test on the
28/2, I found its resolution is the poorest among the 21/2, 24/2 and
35/2. While in normal shooting, the 28/2 looks to be the sharpest one
(and also the highest contrast one). You can consider my testes as a
subjective as they were not well controlled.

C.H.Ling