Re: [OM] Question about the auction site.

Subject: Re: [OM] Question about the auction site.
From: "O.C" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 19:59:33 +1000
At 06:57 PM Tuesday 7/08/2001, you wrote:
> I recently won and paid for a 35-70 3.6 on eBay. Its been 4 weeks and
> theres no sign of the lens in the mail although the seller swears he sent
> it early July. eBay says that the sales that are made through it are
> insured. What do I do now?

Pray.

Bernd

Well maybe not. eBay has the following definition:

"While the vast majority of eBay transactions are trouble-free, rest assured that when fraud happens, our program can help. Here's how fraud is defined on eBay:
Paying for an item and never receiving it or
Receiving an item that is less than what is described -- such as winning a solid gold necklace at auction but receiving a copper one instead.
"

So what has happened (should the lens not arrive say in another 2 weeks. That's my limit for air mail.) Then under this definition "fraud" has happened and I would be entitled to claim on eBay's insurance as I have proof that I paid as I sent my money through registered post with an international money order.

I asked the seller to send via a tracked shipping method and he sent it via air mail despite me telling him I'd pay for any extra shipping charge. It really bugs me that people skimp on shipping in order to maximise their profits.

Oben