[OM] Box from Texas | OM-1N Meter | Black top plate?

Subject: [OM] Box from Texas | OM-1N Meter | Black top plate?
From: DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 06:16:27 EDT
Johnny Johnson wrote: {OM-1N}:

<< Try the self-timer.   "zzzzzzz"
 and it stops at about 10 o'clock.  Durn, knew this was too good to be
 true!  Wait though, it helps if you've got the shutter cocked you
 dummy.  Yep, now that works like a champ too. >>

I did just the same with my almost mint (except for one dent, aaaah!) OM-1N
from the UK a month ago. Now all I need is a new black OM-1N top-plate.  ;-)

<< Pop in a zinc-air cell and check the meter.  The readings look reasonable
but I'll check it closer later. >>

My OM-1N gives barely 1/4 (one quarter) stop approx. higher reading with the
1.4V Zinc/Air than with the 1.35V mercury cell. Whether this is typical I
don't know.

<< Turn the shutter ring to 1/1000 and press
the release  "snick!!"  Turn it to one second and press the
release  "snick-zzzzzz-snick!!".  Man, you gotta love that sound.  ;-) >>

I love that sound too! Mechanical shutters are for me, now. ;-)
Oh, and OM2 long auto exposures and OM-4Ti multi-spot meter beeps ;O)

My OM-1N shutter sound is the swiftest out of all my cameras at the fast
speeds, even without mirror lock-up. Why is this? My OM-2S sounds sloppy by
comarison. I hope the mirror isn't gonna fall off!

<< This one, like my black OM-2n, is just too pristine.  ;-) >>

I have a black OM-2N on the way. Yippee!

Dave Bellamy.
http://members.aol.com/synthchap/