RE: [OM] [OT] Two questions about the English language

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] Two questions about the English language
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 19:13:01 +0200
Olafo

Mike's reply was the one I would have gone for:  the use of
"diaphragm" for the iris is something of a corruption, in that it
offers a mebrane (albeit with an aperture) between the film and the
light from the lens.  Words like that are difficult to keep up with
in dictionaries, especially limited ones.

Chris

Hi,

Thanks a lot to all of you for answering the questions raised in my message,
all the answers were very helpful, so these matters have been cleared up now
for us! :)

Cheers!
Olafo