Re: [OM] Tamron 90mm lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 90mm lens
From: John Hudson <xyyc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 18:00:17 -0700
Larry wrote:

> Snickers are generated when the lens performance is not up to par. How is that
> lens in terms of sharpness, contrast, coating, etc.?
>
> Larry

Over the last several months I have seen 35mm black and white and colour
8x10, 11x14, and 16x20 inch prints taken with a Tamron 90/2.8 [or 2.5?]
zoom on a late model Nikon body. Compared to similar sized prints I shot
using an 85/2 on my my OM4T and a 90/2.8 Elmarit on my M3 the Tamron
prints were just plain awful ..........overly soft round the edges and
just not at all sharp. The visual quality of my Olympus and Leica prints
were too close in quality to discern one from the other. Based on this
limited exposure to the Tamron zoom it got a big failing grade.

John Hudson
Vancouver, BC, Canada