Re: [OM] Tamron 90mm lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 90mm lens
From: John Hudson <xyyc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 20:45:12 -0700
John Hudson wrote:

> Larry wrote:
> >
> > Snickers are generated when the lens performance is not up to par. How is
> > that
> > lens in terms of sharpness, contrast, coating, etc.?
> >
> > Larry
>
> Over the last several months I have seen 35mm black and white and colour
> 8x10, 11x14, and 16x20 inch prints taken with a Tamron 90/2.8 [or 2.5?]
> zoom

"Zoom" should have read "macro" ........... I think it was a 1 : 1 ratio
macro. The lens was a piece of stout plastic and felt and looked very
inferior compared to the Zuiko and Leitz lenses. Around here it retails
for 300 or 400 $Cdn which perhaps indicates that one does not get much
quality for the money!