Re: [OM] Best way to send money to the USA?

Subject: Re: [OM] Best way to send money to the USA?
From: "Mike Williamson" <mikew@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 22:57:06 -0500
Several weeks ago I used PayPal to pay for a several hundred dollar item (Zuiko
lens of all things).  I wanted to take the money straight from my bank account
so I could use the credit card for something else.  Turns out that PayPal
submitted
a "pending charge" to my credit card in the amount taken from my bank account.
 Clearly they were hedging their bets and a real charge never came through.
 Unfortunately, that sure screwed up my plan to use that particular credit card
for another internet purchase.  I never went back to read the PayPal fine print.
 Perhaps this action only happens for payments over a particular amount.  There
definitely is some fine print though.

Mike W.