RE: [OM] Not so much a "What to take" but more a "how to take it"

Subject: RE: [OM] Not so much a "What to take" but more a "how to take it"
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 14:41:20 +0200
Hi,

> ... so as we all know OMs are 'small', hang one body/lens around your
neck!

Hehehe, then watch those metal detectors and the people operating them going
berserk when the detector's sirens start to wail and the "offending object"
is misclassified as being a hand grenade ;)

More seriously though: whenever I go on a flight my hand luggage consists of
a LowePro Minitrekker jam packed with most of the gear I have, and this does
include stuff such as the 300/4.5. That's whay I wrote that if the weight
limit is purely a _commercial_ airline imposed one, you can simply bring a
lot along as hand luggage (BTW: I too use Ken's strategy of wearing a lot of
clothes on the plane (not the head-shaving strategy ;) ), and so far I've
never had to undergo funny questions. Nonetheless, I'm quite positive in
your case the weight limit might be more strictly imposed, so then it's best
to not exceed the limit too much...

Cheers!
Olafo

PS: Apart from there being a best selling book about the "Palmyra murder
case", I believe there may also be a movie about it. I should try to track
that down someday...