RE: [OM] Question about the auction site.

Subject: RE: [OM] Question about the auction site.
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 09:33:32 -0600
> I mean I fulfil my side of the deal by sending a money order
> promptly after the auction; which I always send with registered post. I,
> like eBay believe that people are inherently good.

 A separate eBay question -- what's the accepted etiquette for leaving
feedback? In the last half-dozen or so transactions I've done there, the
order of events has always been the following:

 1. auction ends.
 2. I send money to seller
 3. seller sends me stuff
 4. I leave +ve feedback for seller
 5. time passes
 6. I ask seller if they wouldn't mind leaving me feedback
 7. about 250f the time, seller bothers leaving me feedback.

 This feels rather unjust -- I take the risk of sending off money without
knowing that they'll send me any stuff back, so it seems that they should
take the risk of leaving me feedback without knowing that I'll do the same.
I've taken to mailing people saying "goods arrived, let me know once you've
left feedback and I'll return the favour", but that seems a bit agressive.

 It's not really a big deal one way or another, but it rather peeves me that
I'm "owed" a whole lot of positive feedback; I always leave it for other
people because, heck, that's the only way you have of knowing what people
are like -- so why won't they do the same for me?

 -- dan