[OM] OT REI Seattle Was: yet another "What would you take?"

Subject: [OM] OT REI Seattle Was: yet another "What would you take?"
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 09:09:16 -0700
The old REI had two street level entrances, one down below on the bottom floor,
and one up above on 10th ave. In stead of stairs between the two floors there
was
a long ramp.

Perhaps you are thinking of the old Swallows Nest near Gasworks park, which had
long narrow flight of stairs UP into the store. Then again, you could be
thinking
of Marmot in Bellevue square which has a flight of stairs DOWN to it's store!

FWIW, the old REI had way more character and class than the 'plastic' new store.
So dis Swallow for that matter.

Jim 'curmudgeon' Couch

Mike wrote:

> Yeah, that creosote smell always gave my wife a headache. As a kid I
> remember the excitment/anticipation of the stairs leading to the _old_,
> old store downtown. I don't remember the store itself  or whether the
> stairs lead up to the store or down.
>
> Mike
> --
> To reply, return email address should end in .net not .com

Jim Couch
Tacoma, WA USA