Re: OT: RE: [OM] Question about the auction site.

Subject: Re: OT: RE: [OM] Question about the auction site.
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 09:14:51 -0700
There is more to being a 'good buyer' than sending the money. One example of a
problem would be if a person purchased an Zuiko lens, that was clearly
described  in the auction, paid for it on time, ect but then asked to return it
because it would not fit his Minolta. In such a case you might want to be able
to leave feedback that reflected the return of the item. While I have never had
such an occurrence, I know folks that have.

Jim Couch

"Daniel J. Mitchell" wrote:

> > So, in your example if I were the seller I would wait until
> > you have recieved and inspected the goods befor posting
> > feedback.
>
>  I guess that makes sense, actually -- I've never sold things, so my
> perspective is that all the seller should really need to worry about is
> getting the money; after that, I'm "a good buyer", and they should be
> happy..
>
> > I would say that your 25 0.000000e+00stimate
> > of non-feedback is probably about average. I agree that one
> > should not have to ask for feedback or wait a long time.
>
>  Yup -- the frustrating thing is that I'm building up good "world" karma by
> always leaving people feedback, but on eBay there's an actual way of
> measuring the amount of good karma that I should have, and it's pretty
> difficult for people to know that I'm a better person in the real world than
> I appear to be there.  Still, in my next life, who knows.. <grin>
>
>  -- dan

Jim Couch
Tacoma, WA USA