Re: [OM] Best way to send money to the USA?

Subject: Re: [OM] Best way to send money to the USA?
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 16:36:39 EDT
> someone I knew many years
>  ago worked during the Christmas season at the US Post Office.  She
>  claimed that after handling a few thousand pieces of mail any one
>  could tell which ones had money in them.

Speaking as a former letter carrier (who "cased" his own route -- by that I
mean sorting all my own mail, not checking out the neighborhood with criminal
intent) and distribution clerk (all hand sorting), I can't see how one could
discern which letters might contain cash, unless it was obviously not inside
a letter within the envelope.  I have seen that, and even coins, but it was
rare.  And postal employees are so overwhelmed with the volume of mail over
the holidays that I, for one, just didn't really pay much attention to what I
was sorting and delivering.

All that aside, I wouldn't send cash thru the mail under any circumstances.
Why INVITE theft?

Rich