Re: OT: RE: [OM] Question about the auction site.

Subject: Re: OT: RE: [OM] Question about the auction site.
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 15:13:38 -0600
On 8 Aug 2001, at 10:06, Daniel J. Mitchell wrote:

> > So, in your example if I were the seller I would wait until
> > you have recieved and inspected the goods befor posting
> > feedback.
>
>  I guess that makes sense, actually -- I've never sold things, so my
> perspective is that all the seller should really need to worry about is
> getting the money; after that, I'm "a good buyer", and they should be
> happy..

Not necessarily so!  Some of the experiences I've had with buyers:

1.  One buyer complained about the time it took to receive the item,
even though he chose surface mail *after* I advised him it could take up
to 3 weeks.  (Did he expect "priority" service at "surface" rates???)

2.  Another buyer complained about a fault that was clearly described in
the auction description *and* shown in the photos.  (Did he think it
would fix itself while in-transit???)

3.  A third buyer complained that the item was packed *too* well, and
wanted a partial refund on his shipping costs.  (Would he have been
happier if I had sent it in a paper bag???)

So, like Jim, I always wait until the transaction is complete (i.e. the
buyer has received the item, has inspected it, and any problems have
been sorted out).  Btw, in the 3 cases above, two resulted in positive
feedback going both ways (after the misunderstanding was sorted out),
and one ended up with no feedback in either direction.

>  Yup -- the frustrating thing is that I'm building up good "world" karma by
> always leaving people feedback, but on eBay there's an actual way of
> measuring the amount of good karma that I should have, and it's pretty
> difficult for people to know that I'm a better person in the real world
> than I appear to be there.  Still, in my next life, who knows.. <grin>

Karma is what it is (good *or* bad) whether others know 'bout it or not.
Your good karma will follow you into your next life... count on it!

Just my experience, folks.  Of course, YMMV.

Regards,

Chris

---
I'm *not* a Zuikoholic....  I'm a Zuikohobbyist!
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca