Re: [OM] Q: sticky aperature ring on 2.8/100

Subject: Re: [OM] Q: sticky aperature ring on 2.8/100
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 16:15:00 -0500
Whatever you do, _don't_ oil or grease anything on a lens!  The only places you
need
grease, you can't get to without taking them apart.

Probably the retaining ring that holds down the filter ring and detent ring
over the
aperture ring has worked loose.  That ring is under the "name ring" around the
front
of the lens.  Is there any sign of "play" or movement in the filter ring?  I
mean,
can you "wiggle" or move the filter ring at all?  If so, you might try
unscrewing the
name ring and tightening the brass ring underneath.

If that's not it, there may be some "sticky stuff" (soft drink, etc.) in the
rings.
That would require disassembly for cleaning.