Re: [OM] eyesight vs. focusing

Subject: Re: [OM] eyesight vs. focusing
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:53:30 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken N" <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 11:41 PM

> A diopter only aids the EYE in focusing on the focus screen.  I
> too am slightly nearsighted and I use -1 diopter in my cameras.
> Without the diopter, the image in the viewfinder remains a
> little mushy even when in focus.  With the diopter I can plainly
> see when it pops into focus.

Hello Ken.
Do you use anything on your iS-3 as well, such as the Variable Dioptric Adapter
A  0 ~ -2
perhaps? I mean, does it matter so much on an AF camera? My nearsight is
seemingly getting
slightly worse by the day now (approaching my fiftieth birthday), but I haven't
experienced any difficulties so far with the viewfinder in my iS-3000. I can
still read
the computer screen from a half meter (but not much closer), but for all other
reading I
need glasses. TIA for any advice.

Regards,

Per Nordenberg