[OM] Turkeys

Subject: [OM] Turkeys
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 06:33:12 -0500
That's an interesting question.  Not sure I completely agree on the Motor
Drives, but see your point. I do use the Winders as much as the MD2, but
when I'm in a hurry, the autoload and autorewind make up for the weight.
Wouldn't go on a long trek though.

My biggest 'turkey' is probably the Recordataback (pick which one).
Interesting as gadgets go, but I don't use it. Don't really want a number
right where something important would be.

Actually, I'd probably put my OM-3Ti on the list too. No question it is
cool, and was beautiful, but I sold it awhile back.  When I needed manual, I
always seemed to grab my 25 year old OM-1.  Maybe because the OM-3Ti was
'too nice', but I trust the OM-1 and don't see a need to change.

I am going to go out and use the 40/2 more, as your thoughts were
enlightening.

Tom

<snip>

 That is also another interesting thread...what do you have
that you thought was a great idea but turned out to be useless. I'll vote
for
the big motor drive...a joke that is too heavy to carry around, never works
properly, and is no where near as convenient as a winder when I need auto
film advance (like in my underwater bag where the motordrive won't fit, but
the winder fills the bill.) Next on the list is the deep blue filter...last
needed 7 years ago to simulate night on some slide film. What are your
"turkeys?"
Have a great day,
Roger

Roger Skully