Re: [OM] What is a fair price for a used Centurion?

Subject: Re: [OM] What is a fair price for a used Centurion?
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 16:21:07 +0200

Hej Per

I have not seen a new iS-3000 for sale in Denmark since I bought mine nearly a
year ago, and that one had been staring at me for some months from a dealer
window - I sold an OM-2S and a couple of lenses to get the money to buy it. I
think that it is great! I do have a couple of OM-4Ti's as well, but the 3000
gets a lot of use.

We usually get fuji-based APS processing now to save money (80kr), but the box
that holds the prints and cassette with negs inside, and the photoindex are not
of the same quality as Kodak's. Kodaks's PictureCD is also significantly better
than the various Fuji-based competitors. That is actually what I meant by
presentation. You are correct about Centurion's (lack of) support for APS
features, though the printing of date and time on the back of each print is very
useful when the family comes to look at unarchived/unsorted prints a couple of
years later!

My wife was also recommended to buy a smaller APS pocket camera by her friends,
but she is very glad that she chose the Centurion. The quality of her pictures
is proof that she chose correctly.

And thanks for the comment about my list contributions; I always read yours too!

hilsener / regards
Roger Key, Copenhagen