Re: [OM] Re: How an Otherwise Lovely Photo was ruined

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: How an Otherwise Lovely Photo was ruined
From: Bernd Möller <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 16:39:41 +0200
Hi,

> Yes, Dave, there's a fair amount of grain in that photo.  But, overall, I
> think it's a *wonderful* shot!  The little girl gazing in wonder at
> something off-camera (what was it?), the light reflecting off her hair, all
> make it a very captivating picture.  Frankly, even with the grain it's a
> better photo that many *I* turn out.  So, to me, it sure doesn't look
> "ruined."

A nice and wonderfil shot, I agree. But was'nt the problem due to heat that the
image looks over-exposed, plus some flare on the top edge? (Another light leak
problem?) It's also grainy, but that is hard to determine because of the scan.

My father usually leaves his compact camera in the car. Since that camera never
gets out of the car it's almost for certain that the images on the film will
look like hell, once they go to development once a year.

Regards

Bernd