Re: [OM] re: tripod question

Subject: Re: [OM] re: tripod question
From: John Hudson <xyyc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 09:01:21 -0700
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

> If I were looking today for my "one and only" (tripod), preferred
> handheld
> and only wanted to spend around 100 bucks, I might look at the new
> Velbon
> Maxi343e.  Looks pretty neat.  Bill Barber

Page 13 of the spring / summer issue of the Canadian "PhotoNews,
Electronic Imaging" newsletter has a photo of the Gitzo Explorer tripod.
Nothing unusual compared to other sturdy tripods except for the swivel
head attachment and moveable arm at right angles to the attachment which
allows for the camera, mounted at the end of the arm, to be locked in
place as if it were at any place inside a sphere where the length of the
arm is the radius of the sphere.

Does anyone have experience with this tripod or with any other sturdy
tripod which has a similarly designed attachment and arm.

John Hudson
Vancouver, BC