RE: [OM] eyesight vs. focusing

Subject: RE: [OM] eyesight vs. focusing
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 12:02:01 -0600
> Close focusing is "funny." Some subject to film plane distances can't
> be focused! That's why a "focusing stage" is often used to move the
> whole lens & camera assembly. You have to adjust the lens "focus" to
> frame it right or get the right degree of magnification, then move
> the camera & lens position to focus.
>
> No focusing stage? Fiddle with your tripod.

 Oh, I spent some time moving the tripod around, believe me.. (and wishing
it wasn't so blasted windy, sigh) I wound up aligning things so that the
split image was not split, and fiddling with distance so that it was "in the
middle" between where it was definitely blurry one way and definitely blurry
the other way -- is this the best I can do under this sort of condition,
then?

 -- dan